Monday, October 19, 2009


We had a really great surprise 75th birthday party for Grandma Dixie at Maddox. It is really sad that I didn't check my batteries in my camera before I left the house. I only got a couple of pictures before they completely died. Grandma Dixie, both of my sisters, all of mom's grandchildren that live in the state (10) and their spouses. It took some real effort to keep it a secret, but we did it. I am so grateful for such a wonderful mother and hope she has many more birthdays to spend with us.

4 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

That was really a lot of fun, thanks Mom and Dad!! and I love all the pictures of the kids below at the park, that was a really fun day to do that! Adam has such a wonderful grandma!

Scott and Becky said...

Happy Birthday Dixie! You've got a great family1

mama said...

Yes --- a Happy Birthday Dixie --- BUT Barbie SHOULD have checked her batteries because there's not a picture of the Birthday Girl. That was such a nice surprise for her --- and I know she was excited about the whole thing --- she told me.
Claudia

Scott and Rose Carruth said...

We do have a wonderful mother. I was just sitting here thinking she is the best example that I have had in my life.